Netgear Nighthawk EX7000 wireless extender boosts your existing internet range – delivers dual-band WiFi more than 1800Mbps.
On the other hand, the 700mW high-powered amplifiers provide extreme WiFi range, whereas the dual-core 800MHz processor enables the maximum WiFi performance and range.
For the Netgear WiFi extender setup process, it can easily get connected with any standard WiFi router (wired or wireless). Nighthawk EX7000 is ideal for HD video streaming, online gaming, and online shopping.
So, switch to EX7000 and get uninterrupted whole-home connectivity you need for iPad’s, iPhones, smartphones, laptops, computers, & more.
Installation of EX7000 Extender As an AP Mode
As a matter of fact, you can easily build up a new WiFi hotspot by connecting your Netgear EX7000 to your existing network (wired). Your Nighthawk device will be connected to your home network by using an Ethernet connection.
Connect your existing WiFi router via Ethernet cable to any one of the Ethernet ports of your Netgear Nighthawk EX7000.
Note: You can also use your WiFi network on your computer or laptop to connect to the Netgear_Ext default network.
What’s Next In Netgear Extender Setup Process?
- Once your devices are successfully connected with each other, the device to the EX7000 will illuminate solid green.
- Now, please open a web browser onto a computer or laptop.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net in the browser’s URL bar field.
- On the displayed page, click on the available button named ‘NEW EXTENDER SETUP’ (without quotes).
- Complete all the required fields of the displayed page and click on Next.
Note: This account is meant for the recovery of the password of Netgear EX7000.
Going Further With The Setup Process:
- The displayed Netgear Genie login will give you two options to use your range extender. You have to select ‘ACCESS POINT’ (without quotes).
- After that, set a new and unique name, security option, and a strong passphrase/password.
- Click on Next once done.
- As soon as you apply the settings carefully and successfully, connect your wired and wirelessly devices to the Nighthawk EX7000 extender’s new SSID (network name) and click on Continue.
- Finally, click on Next in order to complete the setup process of the EX7000 extender.
Congrats! Your Nighthawk EX7000 extender is now configured as an Access Point properly and successfully.
Once you set up your EX7000 successfully, you can log in to the Netgear mywifiext login to view as well as change the settings.
- From a connected device (computer or laptop) that is connected to your extender’s WiFi network properly, load up an internet browser onto it.
- After that, in the address bar of your internet browser type in the default IP address of your range extender.
- Your main router and EX7000 may have different SSIDs.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in the browser’s address bar field in case you did not enable the One SSID feature.
- Use one of the following below-mentioned in case you enabled the One SSID feature.
Mywifiext or mywifiext.net or mywifiext.com.
MAC Computers, iOS and Linux devices
Range extender’s default IP address.
- Hit the Enter key.
The Netgear extender mywifiext page displays.
- Type in your admin name and password (default). If you have personalized the login credentials, then you can use them also.
- Click on the login button.
And when the status page displays, click on the Menu icon. The EX7000 extender menu page will be displayed.
From here you can select the Settings option to view and adjust your Nighthawk EX7000 extender’s settings easily.