There are two ways to set up your Netgear EX6000 (AC1200) WiFi range extender. First option is to use the web browser setup and the other option is to use the WPS (WiFi-Protected Setup) method. This particular post will guide you on how to setup your Netgear EX6110 WiFi extender using both the methods.
To install your Netgear EX6110 (AC1200) extender using browser setup
- Plug your Netgear range extender into a power outlet near to your existing WiFi router and wait for the power LED on your extender to become solid green.
- Connect your Netgear WiFi extender with your router via Ethernet cable.
- Now, head towards your computer or laptop and launch an internet browser.
- Type mywifiext.net into the browser’s address bar.
- Hit Enter.
- New extender setup page displays.
- Complete the fields of extender setup screen carefully. This account is for your Netgear mywifiext login credentials and password (network key) recovery.
- Click on Next.
- Click on the WiFi extender setup button and select a network name whose range you want to extend.
- Once done, click on Next.
- Type in the WiFi password into the Password (network key) field and click on Next.
- Now, enter your security settings along with your network name and click on the Next button.
- Connect your wired and wireless devices to your Netgear range extender and click on Continue.
Congrats! Your Netgear EX6110 extender is now configured without any hassle using the web address www.mywifiext.net.
- Complete all the registration fields and click on Finish the Netgear WiFi extender setup process.
- If your device is already registered then click on Skip Registration.
Netgear EX6110 WiFi extender initial installation via WPS setup
- Plug in your Netgear EX6110 WiFi extender to an active and running power outlet.
- Wait for a couple of seconds for the power LED to illuminate solid green.
- Locate the WPS button on your Netgear WiFi extender and press it.
- Hold it for 10-15 seconds.
- Release it after that.
- The WPS LED will blink.
- After 2 minutes, push the WPS button on your main WiFi router as well.
- If you have a dual-band WiFi router, repeat the 3rd and the 4th step to extend the 5GHz (Gigahertz) band.
- Once your Netgear EX6110 (AC1200) WiFi range extender is connected to your existing wireless router, the WPS LED on your extender will light solid green and your Router Link LED will turn on.
Congrats! The Netgear WiFi extender setup process is completed successfully. You can now move your extender to your preferred location and connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the network WiFi extender network (SSID).
In this way you can easily set up your Netgear EX6110 WiFi extender using the WPS method and the web browser setup method. You can use any one of the above-mentioned methods to configure your device.
If you face any difficulty while setting up your device or accessing mywifiext.net web address, then feel free to call our technicians at toll-free number 1-888-961-4011. We provide support for all Netgear products.