Netgear EX6400 Setup | AC1900
Unable to enjoy internet throughout your home? Not to worry! Netgear EX6400 setup can save you from the problem.
Netgear AC1900 WiFi mesh extender model: EX6400 helps in extending your WiFi range, boosting its speed, and cutting down on interference. Once you are done with the Netgear AC1900 EX6400 WiFi range extender setup, you can turn the dead zones into fun zones.
Looking for how to setup Netgear EX6400 AC1900 mesh extender? We have got you covered! Here, we will explain everything you need to know about the Netgear EX6400 setup process. Read on.
Netgear EX6400 Extender Setup via WPS Method
- Power on your Netgear EX6400 AC1900 extender.
- Make sure the extender and router are in the same room at the time of setup.
- Press the WPS button on your extender.
- Now, press the WPS button on your router.
That’s it! You are done with the Netgear EX6400 extender setup via WPS. Now, you can locate your extender to a new location an enjoy surfing web the way you fancy.
Netgear AC1900 EX6400 Setup via Web Browser Method
Here are the steps to perform Netgear AC1900 EX6400 setup using the web browser method:
- Plug in the Netgear EX6400 to a power outlet and turn it on.
- Wait for the power LED on it to become solid green.
- Connect the device to your existing router using an Ethernet cable.
- Type mywifiext.net in the web browser of your choice and press Enter.
- You will land on the Netgear AC1900 login page.
- Enter your default credentials and hit Log In.
- Now, choose the WiFi network you want to extend.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and finish the NetgearAC1900 EX6400 installation process.
We hope that following the above steps, you would be able to set up your AC1900 Netgear EX6400 WiFi range extender. In case, at any step, you got stuck, get in touch with our experts.
Netgear AC1900 Extender Setup Using Nighthawk App
You can also use the Nighthawk app to install your Netgear AC1900 EX6400 extender and connect to the internet. Netgear Nighthawk app is available for both major platforms i.e. Android and iOS. Follow these steps to perform Netgear AC1900 extender setup using the Nighthawk app:
- First of all, ensure that your router is connected to the internet.
- Note down the router’s SSID or network name and password.
- Now, turn on your Netgear AC1900 extender.
- Download Nighthawk app on your Android or iOS device.
- After that, open the Nighthawk app on your smartphone.
- Follow the on-screen installation steps to set up your Netgear EX6400 WiFi extender.
Still can’t setup your Netgear AC1900 EX6400 extender? Don’t worry! Reach out to our knowledgeable and skilled technicians and set up your extender in the comfort of your home.
Netgear AC1900 EX6400 WiFi Range Extender Setup Issues
- Can’t access mywifiext.local
- WiFi extender is connected to router but no internet
- Can’t login to Netgear EX6400 extender
- Incorrect mywifiext password
- WiFi extender keeps disconnecting
- Unable to reset Netgear EX6400 extender
- WiFi extender is not connecting to the network
- Can’t access Netgear Genie Smart Setup wizard
- Mywifiext.com or mywifiext.net is not working
- Forgot Netgear extender default password
- Can’t update firmware on EX6400 WiFi range extender
- Netgear EX6400 AC1900 is not working
If you want a quick solution to any of the above issues, contact our experts now.
Netgear EX6400 Firmware Update
Does your WiFi extender, all of sudden, start behaving weirdly? Is it not providing the required speed even after a successful Netgear AC1900 manual setup? If yes, then update firmware on Netgear extender right away. Netgear Extender Firmware is a set of instructions integrated into the hardware device.
Talking in a layman’s language, Netgear extender firmware is basically an operating system specifically intended to run on your particular make and model number of the extender. So, make sure to have the latest firmware version on your extender. Here’s how to perform the Netgear EX6400 firmware update:
- First and foremost, turn on your Netgear AC1900 EX6400 extender.
- Connect your router to the extender.
- Once done, open a web browser as per your choice.
- Enter mywifiext.net in the address bar and press enter key.
- Log in to your extender using the username and password.
- Go to the Settings menu and click on Firmware Update option.
- If there is any new firmware version available, click on Yes button for firmware update.
- Now, wait for some time and let the Netgear EX6400 firmware update properly.
That’s it! Your extender’s firmware has been updated. In case of any difficulty, feel free to contact our experts.
Netgear AC1900 EX6400 Extender Troubleshooting
If you are facing technical issues during Netgear AC1900 EX6400 extender setup, then go through the troubleshooting tips given below:
- Your device must receive a high-speed internet connection.
- Check if your Netgear EX6400 AC1900 extender is properly plugged in and getting adequate power supply.
- Verify if all the wired connections are proper.
- Keep your extender away from cordless phones, Bluetooth devices, metal objects, room corners, microwave ovens, etc. as these devices may create interference with your WiFi connection.
- Make sure your Netgear EX6400 is running the latest firmware version. If not, update the recent version on your device now.
- If mywifiext.net is not working, make sure you have entered the right web address in the address bar of your web browser.
In case the above troubleshooting tips are not working for you, reset your extender to default factory settings and then configure it again.
We suggest you to go through the reset process with the help of a proficient technician as resetting your AC1900 will wipe out all the settings made by you earlier.
An expert technician can better help you on how to take a backup of your extender’s settings before getting started with the Reset process of your Netgear EX6400 AC1900 WiFi range extender. Just contact us.